With the rise in the number of diabetics in the world, there has also been a rise in the search for sugar free recipes such as carrot cake recipe. Here is a tried and tested mouthwatering and sugar free carrot cake recipe that you can prepare at home and enjoy without any worry about the harms of sugar.Items needed:
- 4 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup of canola oil
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup of apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3 cups of whole wheat grain flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups of fresh grated carrots
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks are formed and it doubles in volume.
- Break in the eggs, one by one, and beat well.
- Add the apple sauce, apple juice, oil and water and blend the mix well so that everything is well incorporated.
- In a bowl, sift together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and grated nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet egg–apple mix and blend well.
- Stir in the grated carrots, add the raisins, and mix well.
- Grease two 9-inch baking pans and pour the batter in the two pans equally. Smooth the tops.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for about 25-30 minutes and then again at 325F for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack before serving or applying frosting.
Sugar free cream cheese frosting for the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of butter
- 1 cup of splenda
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Beat the splenda in a mixer to get a fine sugar mix.
- Add the cream cheese and butter to the mix and beat well to get a smooth mix.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Let the mix stand for some time before using.
To assemble the cake:
- Place one cake on a serving stand and apply a layer of frosting on the top.
- Put another cake on top of it and press lightly.
- Cover the cakes using the rest of the frosting from all sides.
- Cool the cake in the fridge for some time to let the frosting set before cutting up to serve.
Note: Use freshly grated carrots as the juices will keep the cake moist.