A vegan diet means not eating any dairy or animal products i.e. no meat, poultry, eggs, butter or cheese etc. However, it does not mean that it has to be a complicated diet. There are a number of delicious dishes that you can prepare using vegan ingredients. Here is a simple, easy and healthyvegan carrot cake recipe with vegan cream cheese frosting that you can prepare at home for dessert or as an evening snack.On your shopping list for your carrot cake recipe:
- 400 grams of grated red carrots
- 250 grams of white sugar
- 250 grams of white flour
- 10 grams of baking powder
- 2.5 grams of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 7 grams of ground cinnamon
- Fresh juice of 2 small oranges
- 112 ml of canola oil
- 165 grams of chopped raisins
- 180 grams of chopped walnuts
- Do not use an electric or hand blender to prepare this recipe. Use only a wooden spoon or ladle.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a deep bowl, mix the sugar, flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the orange juice and cinnamon powder to the mix and fold the mix well.
- Now add the oil and mix some more.
- Fold in the grated carrots and the salt, and mix well so that there are no lumps of carrot in the mix.
- Now add the chopped raisins and chopped walnuts and fold the mix.
- Grease a baking pan using cooking spray or canola oil.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before frosting the cake.
On your shopping list for the vegan cream cheese frosting:
- 150 grams of soy cream cheese
- 50 grams of vegan margarine
- 230 grams of powdered sugar
- 10 ml of vanilla essence
- Beat the soy cream cheese and margarine in a bowl until you get a soft, creamy texture.
- Add the sugar and vanilla essence and beat some more until the mix is of spreading consistency.
- Scoop the mix in a piping bag and put it in the fridge for some time before using.
For assembling the cake:
- Cut the cake in little squares, drizzle the frosting on the pieces in an abstract manner, and cool in the fridge to set the frosting before serving.
- You can also spread the frosting all over the cake and then cut in slices to serve.