Choosing 1st birthday cake recipes can be a tough decision. When it comes to celebrating your little one's big day, you want the cake to be special, memorable and delicious. If you don't want to feed your baby an unhealthy candy cake, then you will want to avoid most chocolate cake recipes. I've worked on many carrot cake recipe that would be excellent choices for babies to enjoy due to healthy ingredients and very low amounts of sugar. Here's one of my favorite 1st birthday healthy carrot carrot recipe—it's very easy to prepare and it's also quite tasty despite the use of healthy ingredients.
Here's what you'll need to get started:
- 2 1/2 cups of thinly sliced carrots
- 2 1/2 cups of apple juice concentrate
- 1 cup of raisins
- 2 cups of flour (whole wheat is best)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites (remove the yolks yourself or purchase a container of egg whites)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of applesauce (unsweetened is best)
- 1/2 cup of wheat germ
- 2 tbsp of baking powder (low sodium is best)
- 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon
1. Line a large baking pan with wax paper and coat the wax paper with vegetable oil. It's easiest to grease lightly if you're using a spray can.
2. Pour half of the juice concentrate into a saucepan. Add the carrots and bring to a boil, then let simmer for 15 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Let cool, then add the raisins and puree this mixture. It's easiest if you have access to a blender or a food processor.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix until they're all combined. At this point, fold in the puree you have prepared and continue to mix well.
5. Pour this mixture into the baking pan and bake in the oven for 35 minutes at 350°F. Make sure your oven is preheated.