This simple chocolate cake recipe calls for innocence, eagerness to learn and an abundance of faith. I call this My Beginner's Plain Chocolate Cake Recipe. Heads up! The Ingredients: - Light brown sugar, 2 cups
- All-purpose flour, 1 and 3 quarters of a measuring cup
- Cocoa powder, 3 quarters of a cup
- Baking powder, 1 and a half teaspoons
- Plain or iodized table salt, 1 teaspoon
- Medium sized eggs, 2 pieces
- Fresh or whole cow's milk, 1 cup
- Palm or canola vegetable oil, half a cup
- Room temperature butter, half a stick
- Vanilla flavor extract, 2 teaspoons
The Method: - Set the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Prepare a 9-inch round baking pan by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, carefully sieve together the following: sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt, in mixing bowl.
- Liquefy the dry mixture by adding the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir well after each egg is added.
- Add the milk slowly, then the oil and vanilla, and mix until smooth and everything is blended thoroughly.
- Using a hand mixer, beat on medium speed for about 1 to 2 minutes. Do not mix or beat too much as it might cause a lot of bubbles in the batter; these tend to make your cake too airy which you don't want to happen.
- Once this is achieved, pour the mixture into the round cake pan.
- Bake for approximately 30 to 35 minutes or until the cake springs back upon being lightly pressed.
- Cool the chocolate cake until it becomes easy to remove from the pan.
- Place on a wire rack and cool completely. Now let's try some easy breezy egg-white icing. You will need the following ingredients: - 4 egg whites, make sure that not one iota of egg yolk is caught in the gleam.
- 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar powder
- 1 cup of powdered confectioner's sugar
- 1 very dry ceramic mixing bowl
- 1 portable hand mixer Method: - In the dry mixing bowl, make sure that you do not incorporate water while pouring the egg whites.
- Add all at once the cream of tartar.
- Beat the egg whites at very high speed while adding the sugar, 1 teaspoonful at a time. This process should take about 5 to 7 minutes to complete. At the end of that period, you should have peaks of creamy, sweet, white icing.
- Proceed to spread with a knife over the cooled chocolate cake.
Voila! Faith prevailed.